Les panneaux de rue

flyer rue de damgan dhp recto v02Retrouvez sur cette page les 16 panneaux que nous avons disséminés dans les rues de Damgan.

Ils sont situés là ou les photos ont été prises, il y a un siècle pour certaines. Ceux ci témoignent de l’évolution de notre commune dans le temps.

A l’initiative de notre association et soutenue par la Mairie de Damgan, le Parc Naturel Régional du Golfe et l’Office de Tourisme Arc Sud Bretagne, ce projet propose à tous un parcours « au fil du temps ».

Vous pouvez télécharger le plan de ce parcours en cliquant sur la carte ou le retirer à l’office de tourisme.

Vous pouvez également retrouver notre article sur le projet et l’inauguration en cliquant ici.

Les panneaux de rue:

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (16)

The Gardens and the Water Tower: 1962, in the foreground are the gardens where the tourist office will later be built. The water tower is under construction close to the cemetary.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (15)

Fidèle Habert Street : Just after World War I, there still are thatched cottages to be found on Fidèle Habert Street while the Hotel des Bains welcomes the first “bathers “

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (14)

The War Mémorial: After World War II, the war memorial is erected in front of the post office. In 1993, it is moved to the town hall square.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (10)

A Chenard & Walcker: A 1906 model of Chenard & Walcker is parked on  Ambon Road (the route d’Ambon)

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (5)

The Washing-place: August 1910, the washerwomen are busy at work.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (6)

The Washerwomen: Another view of the washing-place shows grand homes alongside the farms.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (7)

Traditional Houses: 1905, a thatched cottage is among the traditional houses characteristic of Fontaines Lane (Ruelle des Fontaines)

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (8)

The Marshes: 1930, the marshes reach the first row of houses of the center.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (13)

After Sunday Mass: 1937, after mass in front of the grocery store, Docks de L’Ouest, to the right « the Old Convent »

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (12)

Roadside Cross (Calavary): 1890, a roadside cross (calvary) is erected next to the plowed fields,  a frequent coastal agricultural landscape) since the 16th century.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (4)

The Cemetary: The cemetary, facing the Quintin Farm, is replaced by a square adjacent to the ground of the future town hall, inaugurated in 1959.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (9)

The Rotonde: 1931, the Rotonde, called the Casino, welcomes summer visitors and local residents for dinners and other activities.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (11)The Beach: 1950, the beach and its huts, the town and the Damgan countryside.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (2)

Croquet Players: 1909, playing croquet on the dunes.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (3)

Summer Camp: 1947, along with the development of seaside resorts, a former school is converted into a summer camp for boys from the city of Redon.

Damgan Histoire et Patrimoine_panneaux de rue (1)

The Bellevue Hotel: 1928, a Renault car is parked on the dune in front of the Bellevue Hotel, built by the famous local benefactor : Fidèle Habert.